Arik air is one of the biggest airline in Nigeria that operates local, regional and international flight. Arik air operates from two hubs in Nigeria at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
Founded in 2002 by Mr. Michael Arumemi-Ikhide, the airline has grown in leaps and bound and it is arguably one of the most trusted airlines in Nigeria. Their slogan is “Wings of Nigeria”.
Arik air has a fleet of 24 aircrafts which flies to 26 destination both within and outside Nigeria.
Here is Arik air Mission and Vision Statement.
“To provide world-class experiences and services which is safe, reliable and continually contribute towards both improved user quality of life as well as the elevation of Nigeria’s global standing”
“To become a dominant air-services brand, globally admired for its world-leading operating, safety and service delivery standards, as well as its role in promoting Nigeria’s reputation at home and abroad”.
You can make a booking on Arik air website here.
Arik Air Airline Fleet
Arik air boasts of 24 aircraft in its fleets. The aircrafts consist of:
- 2 Airbus A330-200 which can sit up to 217 people.
- 9 Boeing 737-700 which can sit up to 148 people.
- 4 Boeing 737-800 which can sit up to 146 people.
- 4 Bombardier CRJ-900 which can sit 76 people comfortably.
- 1 Bombardier CRJ-1000 which can accommodate 100 passengers.
- 1 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 which can comfortably sit 72 passengers.
Arik Air flies to 22 states in Nigeria which are: Port Harcourt, Uyo, Kano, Enugu, Kaduna, Calabar, Jos, Ibadan, Asaba, Benin City, Kano, Enugu, Owerri.
The airline flies to ten (10) African countries which are Accra, Johannesburg, Douala, Freetown, Abidjan, Cotonou, Banjul, Dakar, Luanda, and Monrovia.
Arik Air also flies to Heathrow Airport, London and John F Kennedy Airport, New York JFK. To know more about their route and time table, click here.
Arik Air Baggage Allowance
Arik air provides baggage allowance for its passengers. Listed below are the allowance for each baggage.
Hand baggage allowance is one piece weighing a maximum of 12 kg International/Regional flights and 6 Kg domestic flights (maximum dimensions allowed are 55cms x 35 x 25cms).
Some examples of hand baggage are: overcoat or raincoat, an umbrella, camera/video camera, food item for infants etc.
Checked In Free Baggage Allowance.
This includes all items that are weighted and carried in the aircraft which are not accessible to passengers during flight. Arik Air only accepts baggage that is 30kg (66lbs) in weight or lesser.
Note that there is no checked in baggage allowance for infants, only hand baggage is accepted.
You will be charged for excess baggage in your local currency. The maximum amount of excess bag a passenger can carry on an airline is 10 and this is subject to availability of space on the airline.
A passenger is permitted to transport ski equipment, golf bags, surf and windsurf equipment, bicycle etc, This is also subject to availability of space on the aircraft.
To read more about baggage allowance, click here
Arik Air Contact
• Travel Shop, ground floor of the Senate building within the National Assembly Complex, Three Arms Zone, off Shehu Shagari Way.
• Melita Plaza, Near Efab Plaza, Ahmadu Bello Way, Area 11
• Travel Shop, Transcorp Hilton, 1 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama
• Travel Shop, Plot 417 Tigris Crescent, Off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama
• Travel Shop, Hill Station Hotel, No. 1 Tudun Wada Road
• Travel Shop, Hamdala Hotel, 26 Wharf Road
• Travel Shop, 45 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi
• Travel Shop, 44 Toyin Street, Ikeja
• Travel Shop, Sheraton Hotel & Towers, 30 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja
• Travel Shop, 47 Aba Road, Eastern Garden House
• Travel Shop, Links Hotels Limited, Plot 5043 New Owerri Commercial Area, Behind Imo State House Of Assembly
• Travel Shop, no. 141 Abak Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
• Travel Shop, FIB Building 2, Kairaba Avenue, Serekunda
Tel: +220 4399966, 4399977
• Travel Shop, Trinity House, Opp. Fire Service Headquarters, Ring Road East, Osu, Accra
Tel: +233 (0) 544337102/3/4/5
• Travel Shop, Rose Garden Plaza, Crown Hill, Monrovia.
Tel: +231 (0) 22 00 76 54
• Travel Shop, Immeuble Amsa Assurance, Amadou Assane N’doye, Dakar
Tel: +221 33 821 7497
• Travel Shop, 13 Howe Street, Freetown
Tel: +232 25203949, 78444521
•Travel Shop, Suite 14, First Floor, Daisy Street Office Park, 135 Daisy Street, Sandown, Sandton
Tel. +27 (0) 112898070
Mon – Fri: 8.30-17.00
Sun/Public Holidays: Closed
•General Sales Agent, Aviareps plc.
Tel: 0844 482 2324
•General Sales Agent, Aviareps Inc.
Tel: 877-900-ARIK (2745),
Travelgeniuz can help you book a cheap flight with Arik air or other airlines.
Hope you found this post useful? If you have any question kindly ask below.